- This article is about the pilot used to pitch the series. You may be looking for the full series.
| Season N/A, Episode N/A*|
|Disney XD airdate||N/A|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
|Suceeded by →|
"The Long, Long Winter"
7D is the official pilot for The 7D, a work that was pitched to Disney and later resulted in the television series. It has not been officially released anywhere; however, the character designs used in the pilot were revealed when the show was announced, and a short clip was shown in a Boulder Media Ltd. animation reel. Art director Timothy Barnes has also posted visual development images used in the production of the pilot here.
- Unlike the full series, the pilot was animated at Boulder Media Limited.
- It is 10 minutes long, approximately the length of a regular episode of The 7D.
Differences between the Pilot and the Series
- Doc had two changes to his design:
- Yellow glasses to red glasses
- Peach colored nose to reddish pink colored nose
- Sleepy has undergone two changes change in his design:
- Less stripes on his hat and bedwear
- Hat's point is more rounded
- Of all the 7D, Dopey (along with Sneezy) has undergone the most changes to his design, they are:
- Tall to average dwarf height
- Light green sweater to light blue sweater
- Blue flower to red flower
- Long nose (similar to Sleepy's) to short ball like nose
- Tall navy blue pants to purple pants under the sweater
- Thicker eyebrows
- Removal of colorful socks
- Golden yellow pointy shoes to magenta shoes
- Less colorful dots on his hat
- Of all the 7D, Sneezy (along with Dopey) has undergone the most changes to his design. The changes are:
- Small brown hat with a pink flower (similar to Grumpy's) to a turquoise hat with a feather
- Orange puffy hair to messy brown hair
- Orange eyebrows to brown eyebrows
- Smaller nose to bigger nose
- Green bowtie to turquoise scarf
- Light and golden yellow long shirt to blue and red long long shirt
- Pointy maroon shoes to rounder brown shoes
- Removed freckles
- Between Happy's current design and the original concept art including him, only one change is made: His hat now has fewer dots.
- Grumpy only had two changes to his design:
- Dark purple shoes to lighter purple shoes
- Lighter blue shirt
- Bashful has undergone some changes to his design.
- His hat's point became more curled
- Less stripes on his hat
- Removal of yellow dots from his orange patch on his hat
- Nose is visible underneath his hat, as opposed to his first design showing no nose
- Gray overalls to gray pants
- Light and dark blue shirt to light and dark green shirt