|"A Royal Pain in the Castle"|
| Season 2, Episode 20A*|
|Half hour production code:||220A|
|Disney XD airdate||November 5, 2016|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Written by||Brad Rozman|
|Storyboards by||Kirk Hanson / Mark Maxey|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Water Ya Doin', Dopey?"
|Suceeded by →|
"A Sneeze in Time"
"A Royal Pain in the Castle" is an episode as well as the series finale episode of The 7D, premiered on November 5, 2016 with "A Sneeze in Time" on Disney XD. Mr. Warburton had previously announced that the series has been cancelled and it will end in September 2016; currently, however, it is not scheduled to premiere in that month. Additionally, Tom Ruegger confirmed that Season 2 consists of twenty half-hour episodes instead of the planned 39 half-hour episodes originally announced by Shea Fontana. The finale had been pushed to October 2016; however, it was confirmed by Disney XD on its October 2016 programming highlights that the episode had been removed from the schedule, moving it to November.
It is the eighty-sixth segment in the series.
Grumpy is appointed substitute King for a Day and must contend with a saber-rattling Gnome King during a peace summit.
Meanwhile, in the castle, Grumpy rang the Bing Bong Bell as Dopey made a mess, asking Bashful, Doc, Sneezy and Sleepy to clear way that mess. Annoyed by his incessant ringing of the Bing Bong Bell for trivial matters, Sneezy told Grumpy that they are not going to answer the bell again.
In the meantime, Queen Delightful and Lord Starchbottom were stuck in a traffic jam. It was expected to take three to four hours to clear up the mess. Queen Delightful panicked. Lord Starchbottom called Happy, asking him to follow the instructions found at the Royal Desk. After, assuring that Happy will take care of it, he reassures Queen Delightful that everything would be fine.
Grumpy tried ringing the Bing Bong Bell for help, but none of the remaining 7D answer, leaving him in a panic. Before he knew it, the Gnome King have already arrived the castle. During the first and second part of the ceremony, Grumpy made some mistakes, leading the Gnome King to ring the G-ning G-nong G-nell, but were ultimately resolved.
The Gnome King declared war after Dopey spit his national beverage onto him during the third part of the ceremony. Grumpy rang the Bing Bong Bell multiple times. This time, however, Bashful, Sneezy, Doc and Bashful answered it. Filled with rage, the Gnome King asked them to get out of his castle. Queen Delightful arrived, he told Happy and Grumpy that he declares war every year and they will eventually laugh it off.
After signing the peace treaty, Grumpy apologizes to Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy and Doc for his repeated unnecessary Bing Bong Belling. Queen Delightful showed them the Bing Bong Bell bills. The segment ends with Happy asking Dopey to eat the bills and with Dopey belching.
- This marks the third time a character (Happy) wears Lord Starchbottom's clothing. The first being "The Rock of Sages" and the second being "Miss Fortune Teller", however in both of the aforementioned episodes, Grim wears Starchy's clothing instead.
- Oddly, each of them wore Lord Starchbottom's clothing in both season finale episodes.
- This is one of the episodes the Glooms did not appear.
- Grumpy's crown is identical to the one worn by his cousin King Groucharooney.
- In Disney Channel Asia, this episode was played after "A Sneeze in Time".
- Moral: Do not pressure the others just for a simple task.
- This episode was likely inspired by the fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", about a boy who continuously make false alarms about impending danger. Grumpy even mentioned that he's like the boy in the story, though he always mistakenly referred to the wolf as a goat.
- Closed captioning errors: Even though Doc was the one that says, "What has he done?". The closed captions says that Sneezy was the one who said the line.
- After Dopey, Happy and Grumpy was shown cheering Doc, Sneezy, Sleepy and Bashful on sending the gnomes away, Dopey himself wasn't there in the next shot.
- Dopey wears his jester outfit throughout the episode, but shown in his regular clothing when Queen Delightful shows the 7D the Bing Bong Bell's charges. Dopey is back in his jester outfit when he eats the roll of parchment.
- March 23, 2017 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/the-7d/
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/the-7d-a-royal-pain-in-the-castle-a-sneeze-in-time/EP019034710146?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://warburtonlabs.blogspot.com/2016/04/its-wrap-7d-style.html
- ↑ http://www.fsm-media.com/disney-xd-september-2016/
- ↑ http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-7d-season-2-starts-in-january-on.html
- ↑ http://the7dwiki.tumblr.com/post/143400537539/if-youre-allowed-to-tell-us-how-many-full
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/the7dwiki/posts/732913786846452
- ↑ http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/2016/10/the-7d-another-batch-of-images-from-new.html