| Season 1, Episode 22A*|
|Half hour production code:||122A|
|Disney XD airdate||January 20, 2015|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Written by||Sherri Stoner and Charles M. Howell IV|
|Storyboards by||Barry Caldwell|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
|Suceeded by →|
"Bing Bong Beans"
"Abraca-Dopey" is an episode that premiered on January 20, 2015 on Disney XD. It was premiered separately. Subsequent airings paired it with "Bing Bong Beans". Originally, both segments were scheduled to premiere together on January 20.
It is the fourty-third segment in the series.
While performing a magic trick, Dopey turns his assistant, Sleepy, into a wild bear.
The segment opens up in a stage among the hills, where the 7D are holding a magic show featuring Dopey as the Daring Dopini; Happy as the host and Bashful, Sneezy and Grumpy as the audience. After performing several minor magic tricks, it comes to the final one: making Dopey's assistant, Sleepy, disappear and reappear in the cabinet. As it's finished, the show's ended as also Dopey needs some more time to practice performing the rest of his acts. But to keep as a secret, it's compulsory for the rest of the dwarfs to leave and give Dopey a little privacy. Then, Dopey keeps on practicing that final trick; however, on the 3rd time, Dopey unknowingly sees that his sleepy fella has been replaced with a bear wearing Sleepy's hat. He manages to block out that bear and change Sleepy back. But after a few failed attempt, Dopey finally realizes that he might have literally turned Sleepy into a bear and gets chased by it. While being chased, he unexpectedly leads the bear back to the 7D's cottage.
Inside the cottage, Dopey tries to block the door to avoid the bear. But, Happy doesn't seem to know the situation and let the bear in as he thought there might be someone come for a visit. The gang manage to bring the bear out but no use; luckily, Sneezy's sneeze does the trick and blasts it into the cellar. As Dopey explains and only Doc finally understands the problem, he comes up with a plan: the rest of the dwarfs have to keep the turned-into-a-bear Sleepy calm as Dopey has to figure out the solution to this circumstance. However, it seems Doc's plan is half-unsuccessful as the bear is still bad-tempered even though the gang have served it dinner and Happy has sung a calm song.
During this difficult time, Queen Delightful rings the Bing-Bong Bell to call the 6D (minus Dopey) to the castle as she asks the 6D for a help with serving Emperor and Empress Fancypants along with their entourage from Chi-Chi Kingdom dinner. Meanwhile, back at the cottage, Dopey's effort of finding the solution has been paid off as he figures out that his cabinet's back door can also be opened. He heads to the castle to report Doc, then, he uses Doc's grilled chicken to lure the bear out and head straight to the stage, right inside the cabinet. Dopey does his final trick once more and this time, Sleepy's back! After Dopey's explanation along with Happy's one, it turns out that Dopey's magic cabinet was set up in front of a bear cave, allowing the bear to come inside it. The bears are meant to attack the 7D but fortunately, they come to an agreement: the bear will help Dopey with finishing his trick in the show where all of Jollywood come to see. And the bears will get some food in return.
Grumpy would like to reveal the secret of how Dopey does the trick; but Dopey won't let it happen easily as he makes Grumpy disappear and ends this segment.
- The bear (Sleepy) attacking the 7D.
- Like "Finders Keepers" and "The Queen's Quest", the segments of this episode premiered separately due to last minute scheduling changes that also postponed the premiere of the first season finale while the series had airing first-run episodes during January 2015.
- Also, the original announcements made by Disney had the episode listed as "Bing Bong Beans! / Abraca-Dopey". However, Disney XD has always aired the episode now known officially as "Abraca-Dopey / Bing Bong Beans"; the exclamation point is dropped from the title. The Disney/ABC press site for Disney XD still lists the original title.
- The entire episode, like "Finders Keepers / The Queen's Quest", had been made available on Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, and Watch Disney XD before the segment "Bing Bong Beans" even premiered.
- This episode becomes the third episode with more than one person in a title card, the first being "The Long, Long Winter" (with Happy and Dopey), and "Surprise" (all of the dwarfs) being the second.
- "Abraca-Dopey" is the third episode that Happy's guitar was broken, second being "Let's Get Organ-ized" and "Goldilocks and the 7D" was the first time.
- August 1, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/the-7d/episodes/
- ↑ http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/12/19/disney-xds-january-2015-premiere-highlights/
- ↑ http://www.zap2it.com/tv/the-7d/episodes/SH019034710000?showtype=upcoming
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/the-7d/episodes/bing-bong-beans-abraca-dopey/