|"Yeah, that's a flaw."|
|"Bedknobs and Gloomsticks"|
| Season 2, Episode 14A*|
|Half hour production code:||214A|
|Disney XD airdate||July 16, 2016|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Written by||Deanna Oliver / Mark Drop / Tom Ruegger|
|Storyboards by||Douglas McCarthy|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"What Are You, Five?"
|Suceeded by →|
"Take Care of Your Elf!"
It is the seventy-fourth segment in the series.
When termites infest the castle, Queen Delightful shows up at the 7D’s cottage in hopes of taking a much-needed nap.
|"We're Working on It!"|
The 7D have an all-night game night, while the castle is filled with termites.
- "Bedknobs and Gloomsticks" is a rare episode in which the Glooms are defeated without any interference from the 7D at the end.
- Stachbottom's head bumping over at the 7D's cottage in "Bedknobs and Gloomsticks" is a call back to "Bathtub Bashful".
- This is the second time Grim wears his cowboy costume. the first was in "Whose Voice is it Anyway?".
- "Bedknobs and Gloomsticks" is a pun on the title of the 1971 Disney live-action/animated film "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".
- Tom Ruegger has revealed that "Bedknobs and Gloomsticks" is based on a deleted bed-building scene from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The scene where the Glooms are being chased by giant termites with the pseudo-"scientific names" displayed on screen reference the Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes series of Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner animated shorts. Many shorts in the series (especially those produced under animator Chuck Jones) usually began with faux scientific names for the characters shown.
There was an animation error during the production of "Bedknobs and Gloomsticks" that got corrected before the premiere. The corrected animation had Bob directing a group of beavers to chomp on trees to make the bed; the error was that squirrels are chomping on them!
When Sneezy is shown making the pillow twice, the scene differs each time. The first time shows Sneezy using a larger stick, and the tree on the right contain a cabinet and drawers that Dopey would appear from out of it to cut a piece of Doc's underwear. The final time had Sneezy with a shorter stick that appeared differently, and the tree on the right is drastically different with noticeable large roots. Missing were the cabinet and drawers.
- November 19, 2016 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/the-7d-bedknobs-and-gloomsticks-take-care-of-your-elf/EP019034710135?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://www.fsm-blogs.com/disney-xd-july-2016-programming-highlights/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/tom.ruegger.7/posts/10154286678487354
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154309848142354&set=a.213791177353.165148.601787353&type=3&theater