|"Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam"|
| Season 1, Episode 23B*|
|Half hour production code:||123B|
|Disney XD airdate||January 21, 2015|
|Directed by||Jeff Gordon|
|Story by||Blake Larson|
|Written by||Sherri Stoner / Deanna Oliver|
|Storyboards by||Mike Diederich / Mark Maxey|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Doing the 7D Dance"
|Suceeded by →|
"The Rock of Sages"
It is the forty-sixth episode in the series.
When the clock on Tick Tock Mountain breaks, the 7D must replace its giant crystal in time for Grandmommers Whimsical’s Friday night visit with Queen Delightful.
- Debbie Reynolds as Grandmommers Whimsical.
The episode opens up in front of the Tick Tock Clock Tower on top of a mountain near the castle, where Cuckoo is announcing midnight in Jollywood. As Queen Delightful overhears the cuckoo sound, she just can't stop being excited about her Great Great Grandmommers Whimsical will arrive exactly at 12:03 to celebrate Fudge Day. While she's waiting, Lord Starchbottom gives her a Fizz Bop Rocket Pop to put in the water to drink. Outside the castle, Whimsical is riding on a Sky Bucket heading to the castle's balcony; but while she's on the way, a couple of Candy Sprites steals her box of fudge and eat them as they go sugar buzz and insane, yelling extremely loudly on top of the clock tower, making the power crystal broken and the time in Jollywood stopped at 12. Then, it's midnight again and the Queen and Starchy do the same aforementioned thing twice more. Tired of this repetition, it's time for the Queen to call the 7D.
Inside the dining room, the first thing is that the Queen's hiccups are gone away thanks to Bashful who scares her. Then the second thing is the Cuckoo bird hops inside the room, warning all that it's midnight over and over again due to the power crystal being broken. If the time doesn't move soon, Queen Delightful and Whimsical won't see each other again, and the 7D have to find another crystal as a replacement for the clock.
In the mine, they're keeping on digging all kinds of crystals; but since all of them are too small, Grumpy starts to give up and clangs his clapper onto the wall behind him in anger. Surprisingly, the wall collapses and reveals a huge one. It is said to be grown by a young lad who wanted to grow a sugar tree, but instead, it took root in the 7D's mine. After it's admitted to be a perfect crystal to be replaced, the 7D ride on the Jollywood Express train, bringing along the big rock candy crystal all the way up to the clock tower.
On the way, the 7D are stopped by the two Candy Sprites as they spotted the huge crystal on the train earlier, intended to steal it. After putting so much effort in getting it back, the 7D nearly have the crystal got swiped; luckily, Bashful reaches the crystal and gives the Candy Sprites 2 bags of Fizz Bop Rocket Pop. Feeling so unusual in their stomach, the Candy Sprites realize that they got fooled and the 7D get the big rock back, successfully bring it to the clock tower and put it in correct place, allowing the time in Jollywood to go on normally. Then, it's 12:03 at the castle, Queen Delightful, Whimsical and The 7D happily enjoy the candy party.
Meanwhile, the story ends with the young lad who stuck in a donut tree and looks to Starchy, who presents the new flavors of the donuts, even include Queen's new favorite: Trout; and ends the episode.
- The Cuckoo getting crazy.
- Although the Disney XD premiere highlights for January 2015 listed the episode title as "Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam / Doing the 7D Dance", "Doing the 7D Dance" is first in the pairing. Disney XD has always aired the current pairing as such. However, the Disney/ABC press site for Disney XD still lists the original title.
- Same as for iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, and Amazon. The episode is listed as "Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam / Doing the 7D Dance", however it's actually "Doing the 7D Dance / Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam".
- Grandmommers Whimsical is the third person shown in the series to do a tizzy; Starchy is the second ("Buckets").
- The Candy Sprites Sweetie and Tangy are voiced by Sherri Stoner and Deanna Oliver, the writers of the episode which the characters appeared in.
- The Cuckoo breaks the fourth wall by kissing the screen.
- In the title card, Doc says "The Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam."
- The 7D, Queen Delightful, and Grandmommers Whimsical broke the fourth wall by popping out the pool of candy and grin.
- This is one of the few episodes that takes place entirely at night.
- Debbie Reynolds as Grandmommers Whimsical was her final acting role before her death on December 28, 2016.
- This is one of the few episodes that a minor character serves as an antagonist of the episode, instead of the Glooms.
- According to Queen Delightful, this episode takes place on a Friday midnight.
- The Candy Sprites' song about candy is based on Richard Wagner's musical work Die Walküre (The Valkyrie), the second cycle of his famous opera Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung).
- Closed captioning errors: At one point, the closed captioning says "Candy sprite tonight!" during one of the lines by the Candy Sprites. Although, listen carefully, and they actually say "Candy Sprites unite!".
- When the 7D, along with Queen Delightful and Grandmommers Whimsical wrapped up after the song "It's a Candy Party" and grinned for the camera, Dopey isn't seen among them, despite appearing in the musical sequence. Also, Grumpy's feckles are missing and one of Whimsical's eyes has three eyelashes while her other eye only has two.
- January 23, 2016 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 18, 2016 -- (TV5 Philippines)