|"Cat on a Hot Grim Roof"|
| Season 1, Episode 17B*|
|Half hour production code:||118B|
|Disney XD airdate||November 30, 2014|
|Disney Junior airdate||March 12, 2015|
|Directed by||Jeff Gordon|
|Story by||Randy Rogel / Sherri Stoner|
|Written by||Randy Rogel|
|Storyboards by||Barry Caldwell|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Big Bad Sneezy"
|Suceeded by →|
"Gingersnaps and Grumpy Snaps"
It is the thirty-fourth episode in the series.
After Grim gets Hildy an adorable white cat, rather than a witchy black cat like she wants, Hildy tries to get rid of it but the cat keeps coming back.
The episode opens with Hildy frowning at the fact that her rival, Snazzy Shazam, has a black cat. Hildy wants Grim to find one for her. But Grim later comes home with a white cat because the shop doesn't have any. Still, Hildy orders him to go out again and find one; after he leaves, Hildy attempts to get rid of the white cat by sending it out of their manor, but the cat instantly reappears inside and it wants to stay. Even sending the cat to the top of Mount Jollymanjaro or on a rocket ship to the Moon isn't stopping the white cat—it keeps coming back! Suddenly, six more white cats arrive at the manor. Grim arrives home with cat food instead of a black cat and told Hildy that he had purchased all seven.
Hildy still doesn't want the seven cats, so Grim dropped them at the 7D's. Dopey finds them at the front door, and after recounting the past events of bringing animals into the cottage, Dopey hides them in the basement and leaves. But the white cats begin to roam freely around the cottage, which includes eating cheese belonging to a suspecting Grumpy. The rest of the 7D then heard the commotion and learned that Dopey had brought the kittens inside.
Meanwhile, Grim finally brought Hildy a black cat and then she gloats about it to Snazzy. But the black cat Hildy owns was once belonged to Snazzy; she no longer wants it because white cats are now the in-thing to have. She then told Hildy that the seven white cats are actually the mystical magical cats of Catalina, and whoever had recently purchased them should consider themselves lucky, making Hildy very disappointed. The episode ends with the 7D in awe of the magical cats and enjoying their abilities.
- Hildy trying to get rid of the cats.
- The end credits for the episode finally list Leigh-Allyn Baker as the voice of Snazzy; before then she was only credited for voicing Queen Delightful.
- Hildy appears on a title card for the first and only time.
- This episode features a flashback to "The 8th D," when Dopey was told by the 7D not to bring home any more animals.
- This episode along with "Big Bad Sneezy" marked the second time that the Glooms show no plans of taking over Jollywood. The first was in "Free Teensy," where Grim spent the episode getting back Hildy's shape-shifting ring he got her as a present.
- This was the first and only time neither Queen Delightful, Lord Starchbottom, Sir Yipsalot, nor Squire Peckington appeared in either episode. ("Big Bad Sneezy")
- The Spookytown Pet Shop owner reappears.
- After Dopey hid the seven unexpected-to-be-adopted cats, Grumpy asked him who knocked the door and he randomly hoped that they were the Dainty Dwarfs selling cheese mints. Actually, seen is the Dainty Dwarfs as shown in "Knick Knack Paddy Whack"; specifically, seen is Grumpy and Happy disguised as Dainty Dwarfs (right) without trying to figure out what Grumpy meant.
- "Cat on a Hot Grim Roof" parodies the title of the Tennessee Williams play Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
- In "Cat on a Hot Grim Roof", Hildy said "I'll have a double, double, toil and trouble mocha pumpkin witch's brew grande". The line "double, double, toil and trouble" in the episode is generally similar to Hildy's spell of bursting the Jollywood dam, in the episode "Hildy the Good", which was "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. Bust this baby on the double!". The line "double, double, toil and trouble" is an excerpt from William Shakespeare's play Hamlet.
- April 4, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Asia)