|"Doing the 7D Dance"|
| Season 1, Episode 23A*|
|Half hour production code:||123A|
|Disney XD airdate||January 21, 2015|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Story by||George McGrath|
|Written by||Deanna Oliver|
|Storyboards by||Douglas McCarthy and Kevin Frank|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Bing Bong Beans"
|Suceeded by →|
"Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam"
It is the forty-fifth episode in the series.
The 7D invent a new dance craze that sweeps Jollywood and the entire Enchanted Forest.
The episode opens on the 7D, Queen Delightful, Lord Starchbottom, and Sir Yipsalot strapped on a huge rocket that's about to send them far away, with Hildy and Grim as the masterminds. The dwarfs and Delightful begin to recount the story of how they got themselves into that predicament. One day at her castle, the Queen wanted ice for her drink, so Doc invents a machine that makes ice cubes, called the Chilly-Frosty-Icey-Thingamacube. But the machine went haywire, and some of the cubes landed inside Grumpy's pants, causing him to react. Delightful misinterprets Grumpy's reaction to the ice cubes in his pants as a dance, and soon The 7D creates a dance around it. The 7D Dance becomes an instant sensation, and in return the dwarfs receive endorsements and Starchy even becomes their manager by request of the Queen.
As the dance craze takes over Jollywood, meanwhile, the Glooms are at night modifying Delightful's favorite outdoor meditation spot by creating a disguised hole that would send Delightful to the center of Earth if she sits on it. The Queen arrives at her spot as the Glooms went into hiding. But before she does her meditation, she uses the Bing-Bong Bell to call upon The 7D to again perform the dance for her. After Delightful and the dwarfs leave, Hildy is very annoyed about the goofy dance, though Grim enjoys it. Without any thought, she foolishly sits on the spot and she went down to the Earth's core!
Hildy is so irritated about the dance that her next plan is to end the craze once and for all. The next afternoon, she and Grim, disguised as tour guides, invited The 7D, Delightful, Starchy, and Sir Yipsalot on a magical ride on a steam-powered bus. As night falls, the bus reveals itself to be a giant rocket, and our heroes are stuck on their seat belts. As the rocket travels out of Jollywood, Hildy declares herself queen to the Jollywood villagers, and forbids anyone to do The 7D Dance ever. But the villagers misheard it as doing the dance again, and so they did. Doc redirects the rocket back to Jollywood, and everyone jumped off of it safely; and as the Glooms try to get away from it all, they came in contact with the rocket and they zoomed away from the village.
- The 7D, Queen Delightful, Lord Starchbottom, as well as Grim and the villagers dancing the "7D Dance".
- The 7D getting more popular.
- Although the Disney XD premiere highlights for January 2015 listed the episode title as "Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam / Doing the 7D Dance", "Doing the 7D Dance" is first in the pairing. Disney XD has always aired the current pairing as such. However, the Disney/ABC press site for Disney XD still lists the original title.
- Same as for iTunes, YouTube, Google Play, and Amazon. The episode is listed as "Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam / Doing the 7D Dance", however it's actually "Doing the 7D Dance / Big Rock Candy Flim-Flam".
- The 7D's grandfathers reappeared in this episode.
- This is the second episode to begin in media res (beginning at a dramatic midpoint in a story); the first was "Buckets".
- Grumpy's cheese commercial references the popular Dos Equis beer advertising campaign that features the character known as "The Most Interesting Man in the World".
- Closed captioning errors: When Grumpy says "we became rock starts overnight" in "The 7D Dance," the caption says that Happy said the line, even though it's Grumpy saying that line.
- In the next line, when Happy says "we were more popular than pickles," the caption even says that Grumpy said the line.
- While Hildy (disguised as Bussy) says "Hop on board. We'll take you to your next show," Starchbottom is seen with a smile, but the next camera shot shows him not smiling.
- January 23, 2016 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 18, 2016 -- (TV5 Philippines)