- For the troll named Finders Keeper, click here.
| Season 1, Episode 21B*|
|Half hour production code:||121B|
|Disney XD airdate||January 15, 2015|
|Directed by||Jeff Gordon|
|Written by||Gene Grillo and Sherri Stoner|
|Storyboards by||Carson Kugler|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"The Queen's Quest"
|Suceeded by →|
"Finders Keepers" is an episode that premiered on January 15, 2015 with "Uncle Humidor" on Disney XD. It was premiered separately. Subsequent airings later paired it with "The Queen's Quest", now known as "The Queen's Quest / Finders Keepers".
It is the forty-second episode in the series.
Grumpy and Grim Gloom become unlikely allies to rescue their pets – Gizelle the Goat and Peaches the Warthog – from a troll named Finders Keeper.
- Rob Paulsen as Finders Keeper.
The episode starts at night when it's bedtime for Jollywood. At the cottage, Grumpy bids his goat Gizelle goodnight, but before he leaves she wants a goodnight kiss from him. Over at the Glooms' manor Grim says goodnight to Peaches as well. As we go deep into the woods, a troll is warming up some troll pudding over a fire, and when he leaves for some extra supplies, the aroma of the pudding wafts towards Gizelle and Peaches, waking them up and they both follow the smell to the campsite. They meet and then proceed to consume the pudding. The troll returns and after he finds Gizelle and Peaches ate his food, he angrily declares that no one is around to claim them and then he opens a portal, sending the animals to Lost Acres; after their arrival, they meet another troll with a menacing voice who will take them to his warehouse.
The following morning, Grumpy and Grim notice their pets went missing. They come across each other near the troll's campsite, and they blame each other for their pets wandering off. But then they overheard the troll having a conversation with his friends about sending Gizelle and Peaches to Lost Acres. To demonstrate, he opens the portal again. Taking no chances, Grumpy and Grim charge towards the portal. At Lost Acres, the two enemies later meet three pairs of mittens and Little Bo Peep's lost sheep, who all yearning to return to their owners. They explain to Grim and Grumpy that Finders Keeper hoard the items at his warehouse, and together they went there.
At the warehouse, Grim and Grumpy reunite with their pets, now inside a cage, then Finders Keeper appears (in his actual game show announcer-style voice). Grumpy tells him to set their pets free, but to do so he and Grim must win a game show put on by the troll, and everything will return back to their owners as part of the deal. Grim answers incorrectly to the first two questions after Grumpy keeps telling him the right answer (what is the favorite food of the goblins and what kind of candy is enjoyed by ogres all over). Grumpy simply gives up and says goodbye to Gizelle, but Grim reminds him they all went this far to get their pets back, and the sorrow in Gizelle's eyes is enough for Grumpy to stay in the game. However, Finders Keeper gives them another chance to correctly answer the final question to win their pets back. He asks them about the special ingredient used by trolls in their troll pudding; however, Grim and Grumpy didn't answer at first because they didn't know, and Finders Keeper says they didn't know about it because it's very secret. Finally, Grumpy and Grim remember the ingredient: it's cinnamon, as they overheard the troll earlier at the campsite, who turned out to be Finders' cousin Sid. They won, and suddenly the world of Lost Acres is spiraling out of control.
All the lost property including the mittens and sheep return to Jollywood and to their owners. Finders is dismayed at all the items he no longer has, and with the help of Grim and Grumpy Gizelle charges at Finders, sending him back inside the portal. Before they all go home, Grumpy reminds Grim that while they had helped each other out, he still considers him his enemy and Grim agrees. On the other hand, Gizelle and Peaches have been friendly towards each other, and they decide to be friendly rivals for now...not until Gizelle trips on a rock and Peaches laughs behind her back.
- Finders Keeper saying "Are you lost?".
- The official announcements made by Disney had the episode's title as "Finders Keepers / The Queen's Quest", but as with "The Jollywood Jam" and "Hildy the Good," Disney XD reversed the episodes as it had been since. The Disney/ABC press site for Disney XD still lists the episode in its original title.
- With "The Queen's Quest", this is the first half-hour to have its episodes air separately because of last minute scheduling changes that ultimately postponed the premiere of the first season finale when the series had first-run episodes in January 2015. "Uncle Humidor" reran with the original airing of this episode and "Grim the Genius" reran with the original airing of it's paired episode, as well.
- This marks the first time since "Grampa Grumpy and the Ogre" that the rest of the 7D appear only once.
- This marks the fourth time the Glooms don't plan anything evil since "Free Teensy", "Big Bad Sneezy" and "Cat on a Hot Grim Roof".
- For the first time in the series, Grim reveals in this episode that the spooky area where he and Hildy live is called the Haunted Hills.
- The first two questions asked during the game show is a call back to the previous episodes "The Enchanted Shoes", when Grumpy and Cobby spread word out to the goblins to bring fish sticks to Hildy's party in a plot to thwart the Glooms; and "Grampa Grumpy and the Ogre", when Grumpy uses candy corn as a bargaining tool to gain back a stolen gem from an ogre.
- The quiz:
- Q: Goblins' favorite food
- Actual answer: Fish sticks
- Grim's answer: Fish peas
- Q: Ogres' favorite food
- Actual answer: Candy corn
- Grim's answer: Sour balls
- Q: Goblins' favorite food
- Risk-it-all round
- Q: Secret ingredient in bug pudding
- A: Toffee
- When Grumpy and Grim are asked an ogre's favorite candy, Gizelle baas "candy corn", revealing that she is able to talk in English.
- This marks the third time neither Queen Delightful, Starchy, Sir Yipsalot nor Squire Peckington makes an appearance; the first is "Big Bad Sneezy" and "Cat on a Hot Grim Roof", if the two episodes are counted twice.
- One of the questions asked is about an ogre's favorite food, where the answer is candy corn, which references the Season 1 episode "Grampa Grumpy and the Ogre".
- This is the first and only episode in which at least one of the Glooms is present (Grim) while the other one is absent (Hildy).
- This is also the first time Grim appears without Hildy.
- Hildy is mentioned in this episode, but does not appear physically.
- In the scene (right) where Grumpy kisses Gizelle good night, when Happy says "That's sweet, Grumpy," the top part of Sneezy's hat is cut off by his body.
- Continuity Error: Grim didn't know what the goblins' favorite food is (which is fish sticks), although in "The Enchanted Shoes" Grim said himself that all goblins eat fish sticks. This is possible that this episode takes place before "The Enchanted Shoes" that he has a knowledge there on what goblins eat.
- August 15, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 4, 2016 -- (TV5 Philippines)