|Running Gags||Gallery||Fourth Walls|
|"Yeah, that's a flaw."|
Fourth Wall Breaks are recurring scenes in The 7D when at least one character speaks to the viewers in a seemingly empty room, or the corner of the screen (because unlike in many novels, we cannot read their minds).
Here is a list of fourth wall breaks on The 7D:
- Queen Delightful: "The Jolly Berry Pie Festival was started by my great-great-great-great grandmother Queen Whimsical. That's right, Sir Yipsalot. Once I stuffed Lord Starchbottom into a pie crust by mistake. (chuckles) Remember that, Lord Starchbottom?"
- Grumpy: "Now you know why we call him "Sneezy"."
- Doc: "It became clear to me that the problem here was Grumpy; Sneezy was allergic to him. So there was no choice but to keep Sneezy and Grumpy apart 'til I can find a cure."
- Grumpy: "Doc said I had to be the one to move out on account that he needed Sneezy around for more tests, so I decided try to find a new place to live."
- Grim: "Confidently, our sky bucket stinks."
- Grumpy: "Bashful, has a crush on the Queen."
- Bashful: "Well, maybe next time."
- Lord Starchbottom: "I needed to get out of the 7D's cottage, so I decided to trick them."
- Grim: "We had no idea which 7D it was."
- Hildy: (Guessing what is Sleepy's name) "I believe it was Derpy."
(Flashbacks of Doc letting Bashful down multiple times)
- Bashful: ""Buckets" was Queen Delightful's imaginary friend and they used to play together all the time."
- Grumpy: "Now he tells us."
- Happy: "Clean as a whistle."
- Dopey: (whistles)
- Sneezy: "My sneezing was making everyone's life miserable, so I went home. I figured if I stayed inside my nose would stop going kablooey.(Destroyed the cottage by sneezing it) I was then that I decided I needed to leave."
- Doc: "Back when I studied at O U Smarty U, I took a course on elf lore. From what I recall, an elf cannot stop serving a person until they save that same person's life."
(The main characters of the show breaks the fourth wall by grinning at the end of the segment; Happy bids the viewers)
- Happy: "Happy Jolly Day!"
- Sneezy: "Happy Fall-Into-Fall Day!"
- Hildy: "This, was my most brilliant plan to date."
- Grumpy: "Lost Acres is a magical place where trolls send all the lost thing they find. Your keys, your other sock.."
- Grim: "Your dreams, your self respect."
- Grumpy: (Awkward silence) "Uh, yeah."
- Happy: "Turns out Dopey's magic cabinet was set up right in front of a big 'ol bear cave."
- Grumpy: "And the bears, weren't big magic fans. Unfortunately, we came to an agreement."
Grumpy: "But nothing happened."
(The Cuckoo kissed the screen) (Talking to the audience and grinning at the audience at the almost end of the segment)
- The Glooms: "We can't stop the volcano!"
- Grumpy: (laughing along with his friends) "We switched the Glooms' potion, with Starchy's smootheroonies!"
- Lord Starchbottom: "It may not be hit as a smoothie, but it's a very popular expectorant."
(Talking to the audience, grinning at the audience at the end of the segment)
- The 7D: "Almost anything!"
- Grumpy: "So Bashful enrolled in Knight School. And I decided to go with him, figured some of my bravery would rub off on him. Besides, turns out this school's famous for its All-You-Can-Eat Cafeteria."
- Happy: "Kids, it might gonna come to your ears."
- Bashful: "I couldn't stand the though of Grumpy being alone the rest of his life. I decided to have a talk with that nasty witch."
- Happy: "Grumpy was always betting me I couldn't stop singing a day, and hour, even a minute. I never would. How could I stop singing? But then I remembered something that happened the day before."
- Hildy: "Grimmy getting the voice of one of the 7D turned out to be a "happy" accident."
- Grim: Good one, snookems.
- Doc: (chuckles) "The cheese wheel was just what we needed to plug up the volcano. What happened next, well you'll just have to see it to believe it."
- Doc: "But before we could put on our big boy pants, first we had to make them. So, we did."
- Grumpy: "Evidently".
- Hildy: "The 7D don't realize I've been getting singing lessons from my rock-and-roll daddy."
(Grumpy did most of the narration in the segment)
- Grumpy: "Who the heck is Timmy?"
- Doc: "Shapeshifter hid Sleepy and switched places with him."
- Sneezy: "The monkey-in-a hat fad was great, until The Banana Cabana ran out of bananas."
Regular Fourth Wall Breaks
At least one of the 7D breaks the fourth wall by talking to the viewers about what happened or what will happen next in the segment, usually while sitting on their couch. We sometimes see the Glooms doing such. In "Finders Keepers", Grim and Grumpy sat on a stump in the forest while describing the Lost Acres.
In "Grump-Tiki", we hear Grumpy telling about the days on his sailing adventure while writing it in his log and showing off montages. Later in the aforementioned episode, Doc is sitting at the same chair talking to the audience about the huge cheese wheel they'll use to reach the castle before the Glooms.
Multiple episodes end with all the 7D bidding the viewers "Heigh-ho!" or "Heigh <blank> ho!", or they sometimes say the phrase when they are about to do their mission in various episodes.
|"We're Working on It!"|