| Season 1, Episode 14B*|
|Half hour production code:||117B|
|Disney XD airdate||October 12, 2014|
|Disney Junior airdate||February 15, 2015|
|Directed by||Mr. Warburton|
|Written by||Deanna Oliver / Randy Rogel|
|Storyboards by||Dave Benett|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
|Suceeded by →|
It is the twenty-eighth episode in the series.
When the Glooms create a terrifying monster to drive Queen Delightful out of her castle, their plan backfires as the Queen decides to befriend the monster instead.
- Jeff Bennett as Roar.
At the Glooms' manor, Hildy and Grim prepare to make a monster out of a kit to scare away Queen Delightful. At first, the monster turned out tiny, but they fed him lots of food to enlarge him. Upon receiving instructions from Hildy, the sound of a whistle signals the monster to be enraged, while the ringing of a bell will calm him down. Hildy then gave a whistle, sending the vicious monster through the Jollywood village on the way to the Queen's castle.
The monster enters the castle, causing some damage. A horrified Starchy notifies Delightful that the monster's on the loose inside the castle while she's composing a song at her pipe organ and then ran out to ring the Bing-Bong Bell. The monster then faces Delightful, and became calm when she used a bell. Delightful believes the he has a great voice, and she used it as an opportunity to showcase him singing the new song she wrote to the 7D and Pied Piper, her friend and a music professor. She introduced the monster To the 7D as Roar and they took him to their cottage for a bath and dressed him for the presentation.
Meanwhile, the Glooms are on the way to the castle to see Roar's progress, and Hildy herself dresses formally for the occasion. Fed up with Peaches's very low speed, they stopped at a dealer to trade him in; but instead they get a female pig named Cream together with Peaches, and the two then became attracted to each other while still traveling slowly. At the castle, Roar performs the song; the bell and whistle is used as part of the performance and he gets enraged and calm many times. The Glooms made their way inside the music room, and Hildy is disappointed at Roar's failed attempt to scare the queen. She then ordered him to do the deed by using the whistle, while The 7D uses the bell; this goes on back and forth, with The 7D encouraging Roar to fight it and defeat the Glooms. At last, Roar began speaking in English, saying he wants to sing and he finally reject the Glooms, sending them to the moat.
In the end, Roar accepts Pied's offer of a music education at his school while falling in love with a female monster named Aah.
- The episode set is one of two holiday-themed episodes (Halloween) for the first season. The second is "Gingersnaps and Grumpy Snaps / Jollybells" for Christmas.
- It is revealed that Bashful is good at roaring. When he said "Hello, Roar!" he did an actual roar.
- This is one of the few episodes to have one word in its title.
- This episode occasionally makes a rerun in Disney Channel Asia, along with it's sister episode, usually at Halloween.
- This episode, along with "Buckets" was premiered on Disney Channel Asia part of the channel's "Monsto-ber".
- Innuendo: When Pied Piper said "I'll be there with bells on!", Delightful replied "Oh. I hope he wears more than that.". Delightful thought that Pied Piper will show up naked and only with bells. She even sound embarrassed when she finished her call.
- The line "It's alive!" proclaimed by Hildy after she successfully created the monster comes from the popular 1931 movie Frankenstein.
- October, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- January 31, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Italy)
- March 18, 2015 -- (Disney XD Poland)