|"Gingersnaps and Grumpy Snaps"|
| Season 1, Episode 18A*|
|Half hour production code:||109A|
|Disney XD airdate||December 2, 2014|
|Disney Channel airdate||January 25, 2016|
|Directed by||Alfred Gimeno|
|Written by||Cooper Sweeney|
|Storyboards by||Kevin Frank|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Cat on a Hot Grim Roof"
|Suceeded by →|
It is the thirty-fifth episode in the series.
Grumpy saves an elf named Gingersnaps from drowning, who in return vows to act as Grumpy’s servant for the rest of his life.
- Cheri Oteri as Gingersnaps.
Jolly Day is approaching, and the 7D is feeling the holiday spirit. But their activities annoy Grumpy. To escape from it all, he went to an icy lake to fish with the goat Gizelle. Suddenly, he hear cries for help from a person who's close to being drowned. Grumpy pulls him to safety and the person thanks him for saving his life. He then introduces himself as Gingersnaps the Pfeffernüsse elf, and because of Grumpy's unselfish act, Gingersnaps will be his servant per Pfeffernüsse tradition.
Grumpy brought along Gingersnaps to the cottage, where The 7D welcome him. The next morning, Gingersnaps serves Grumpy a nice breakfast and then he thought it's great to have him around. However, as time goes on, Grumpy is increasingly getting annoyed with the elf's frantic behavior and also because he's doing all the work Grumpy usually enjoys. After Gingersnaps nearly slips out the fact that elves will leave if they save the life of the person one serves, Doc hatches a plan based on his knowledge on elf traditions he learned while attending school years back.
While Grumpy goes out fishing with Gingersnaps, the rest of The 7D put on with much difficulty a bear suit to stage an attack on Grumpy. But a real, live bear comes up on Grumpy and Gingersnaps at the lake. After the elf saves Grumpy from the bear, The 7D (still halfway inside the suit) appears, making Grumpy realize that he had encountered a real bear. Grumpy thanks Gingersnaps and tells him to leave, but since Gingersnaps is a Pfeffernüsse elf, the arrangement is very tough to break because of his kind's traditions (Doc admits he was absent from school at the time). Back the cottage, Grumpy sadly gives Gingersnaps a cookie, and suddenly, Gingersnaps is no longer his servant (it appears that you need a cookie to end a Pfeffernüsse elf's servitude)! The elf thanks Grumpy and goes home; and while The 7D resume their holiday joy, Grumpy goes upstairs and finds a present on his bed. Inside is a pair of ear muffs from Gingersnaps to drown out The 7D's joy, and as the episode ends, Grumpy admits he likes him after all.
- Grumpy finding ways to get Gingersnaps home.
- "Gingersnaps and Grumpy Snaps" and "Jollybells" are the second two Holiday episodes special for Christmas. The first two being "Buckets" and "Frankengloom" for Halloween.
- This episode aired before in Italy that in the US on November 15, 2014 with the title "Pan di zenzero e Brontolo" (translation: "Gingerbread and Grumpy").
- In Disney Channel Asia, this episode premiered a week after the episode "Bathtub Bashful" and "Knick Knack Paddy Whack" was aired, skipping six other episodes.
- Before this episode, it was mentioned that elves exist in the show's universe. In "Grim the Dragon," Sneezy said that his Hi-Ho Hankie was made by elves in Elfy Town.
- With 25 letters on its title, this episode has the longest title in the series.
- Sneezy continues to sneeze snot in this episode; this time he sneezes it inside the bear suit with the other dwarfs, except Grumpy.
- Toonzone calls this episode "Ginger Snaps and Grumpy Snacks".
- When the rest of the 7D saw Gingersnaps for the first time, a part of Sneezy's scarf is cut off by his left arm.
- November 15, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Italy)
- January 18, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- TBA, 2015 -- (Disney Channel Israel)