| Season 1, Episode 6B*|
|Half hour production code:||101B|
|Disney XD airdate||July 14, 2014|
|Disney Channel airdate||September 20, 2014|
|Disney Junior airdate||February 20, 2015|
|Directed by||Alfred Gimeno|
|Written by||Sherri Stoner|
|Storyboards by||Kevin Frank|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"The Littlest Giants"
|Suceeded by →|
It is the twelveth episode in the series.
At the castle Queen Delightful wants someone to handle one of the tasks, and she thinks The 7D is perfect for it. But Starchy interjects, believing that he's the better candidate. His argument convinces Delightful, and he gets to do it—cleaning the filthy moat surrounding the castle. Meanwhile, at The 7D's mine Grumpy finds a gem known as the Royal Ruby. The Glooms again have the mine under surveillance by their Crystal Ball. By obtaining the Royal Ruby, it grants the user to become king or queen. Hildy plots to steal it to force Delightful out of her throne.
The next morning, The 7D is having breakfast while they heard the doorbell. Outside, a disguised Hildy and Grim tell the dwarfs that they won a vacation away from their cottage to be in effect immediately. After the 7D pack up and leave, the Glooms then proceed to enter their mine after the dwarfs leave. But they find the mine's entrance is boarded up and locked. Grim tries a spell to open the mine; instead the Glooms are in a bird's nest on a tree with three babies and their mother, who sends them falling to the ground below. As The 7D travel to their vacation spot, they unknowingly left behind Sleepy—who's still in his bed.
The Glooms return to the cottage and they enter through the front door. They went up towards The 7D's bedroom where they see a dozing Sleepy. Suddenly, Sleepy starts to get out of his bed and sleepwalks. The Glooms follow him downstairs to see if he goes down to the mine. But Sleepy made it harder for them by making various objects as their obstacles as he sleepwalks. The mechanical hands from Doc's breakfast machine used earlier returned the Glooms to the bird's nest and kicked out by the mother for the second time, and Sleepy returns to his bed.
The 7D finally realizes that Sleepy's not with them and sensed something's wrong, so they went back home. Back at the cottage, Sleepy finally wakes up thinking he's late for working at the mine, not realizing that his fellow dwarfs aren't there. The Glooms finally found their big break, and they got their hands on the Royal Ruby inside the mine. The 7D arrives at the mine to find Sleepy and the Glooms, but the Glooms escaped through a system of pneumatic tubes to the castle. At the castle, Hildy and Grim are ready to use the ruby to rid of Delightful, but Sleepy snatches the ruby along with Grim's wand. Sleepy then used the wand to send the Glooms away—and once again they are being kicked out of the bird's nest.
In the end, Delightful holds a ceremony at the castle honoring Sleepy for saving the day with the 7D, Starchbottom, Sir Yipsalot and the residents of Jollywood in attendance.
The Glooms find themselves inside a bird's nest and falling towards the ground after being kicked out by its mother. A similar gag appeared in "Sneezin' Season", in which Sneezy's sneezes send the Glooms flying then falling to the ground below several times.
- This is actually the pilot episode along with "The Littlest Giants", though it aired as the sixth episode overall in the series. It was also animated in Flash before the change to traditional animation in later episodes. After the switch to traditional animation in subsequent episodes, all characters are animated using shading.
- This is actually the pilot episode, though it aired as the sixth episode overall in the series. It was also animated in Flash before the change to traditional animation in later episodes. After the switch to traditional animation in subsequent episodes, all characters are animated using shading. Also, "The Littlest Giants" serves as an introduction to the main characters.
- This is the first episode to have Sleepy as the main focus of the episode.
- Grim mentions that the vacation the 7D will take will be 3 days and 5 nights.
- It is revealed in this episode that the 6D will be upset and sad when one of the dwarfs left the group without any permission. This would happened again in "Game of Grumpy".
- After the 7D found out that the Glooms have intruded their cottage and the entrance to the mine was open, Dopey reacted similar to the famous painting The Scream by Edvard Munch.
- This episode's title and plot is very similar to the Home Alone movie franchise.
- When Hildy is knocking at the cottage door to distract the 7D into a vacation, the beat sounds like "Shave and a haircut, two bits".
- October 5, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Italy)
- October 12, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 12, 2015 -- (Disney XD Poland)
- TBA -- (Disney Channel Japan)
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/the-7d/episodes/
- ↑ http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/the-7d/?ipp=40
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationscoop/immersed-in-movies-alfred-gimeno-talks-directing-disneys-new-7d-series-20140701
- ↑ http://www.disney.co.jp/tv/junior/video.html