|Queen Delightful's castle|
|Notable inhabitants|| Queen Delightful|
|First appearance||"The Long, Long Winter"|
|Latest appearance||"A Sneeze In Time" (exterior)|
Queen Delightful's castle is a location in Jollywood and is the setting of many episodes on The 7D. Queen Delightful lives in and rules the kingdom from there. Other inhabitants include her pets Sir Yipsalot and Squire Peckington, her personal assistant Lord Starchbottom, and the Magic Mirror. They each have their own rooms.
The elegant castle is located not far from Jollywood's village and The 7D's cottage, sitting above a moat on a giant hill. A walkway goes towards a bridge above the moat and to the gates. The castle includes several towers. There is a balcony that is mainly used to call for the magical Bing-Bong Bell. Among the many rooms inside, the castle has many stairs and corridors, a kitchen, a room where Queen Delightful plays music on her pipe organ ("Let's Get Organ-ized" and "Frankengloom"), and a special room where Delightful stores her knick knacks ("Knick Knack Paddy Whack"). The castle is a part of the Sky Bucket network as Delightful has a special gold-plated bucket of her own. There are even special tunnels for The 7D to travel to the castle from their cottage and mine when they are being summoned by the Queen.
In the series
Queen Delightful's castle is frequently targeted by Hildy and Grim Gloom for them to force the Queen out of her castle and then conquer Jollywood, but each time they have failed, along with other misdeeds. Here are several examples:
- "Itsy Bitsy Spider Fighters": Hildy turns Grim to a six-foot spider to drive the queen from her castle. However, the Itsy Bitsy Spider complicate matters as Grim has arachnophobia.
- "Sir Yipsalot and the Goose": The Glooms abduct the queen's companion Sir Yipsalot for the key to castle. When they do get the key and insert it into the lock, however, the gate as part of the castle's sophisticated security system squashed them after much difficulty trying out the code (1, 4, 9, 37, 15, 11 72, 3, 1, 14, 32, 96, 0, 2, 5 and 7 times "pie" squared).
- "Mirror, Mirror": Grim brought Hildy a mirror so she can be declared the prettiest of them all, but the mirror doesn't think so. So Grim breaks into the castle at night to steal the Queen's Magic Mirror for Hildy.
- The pilot episode "The Littlest Giants" has the Glooms construct a mechanical giant to terrorize the villagers while on the way to the castle to scare Delightful. But the 7D scared the Glooms to their home in return thanks to an even bigger giant—a balloon resembling Grumpy. In the second segment, the Glooms steal the Royal Ruby—a jewel that can anyone king or queen—and traveled to the castle to send Delightful away so Hildy can become queen. Sleepy successfully defends the queen by having possession of Grim's wand and the ruby and uses the wand to send the Glooms away.
- "Knick Knack Paddy Whack": The Glooms break into the Knick Knack Room to steal the Pearl of Wisdom so Hildy can use it to win a radio contest.
- "Hildy the Good": Hildy becomes a good witch in order to gain Delightful's trust and then gain control of the castle. After Hildy revealed her true identity, the Glooms successfully held the queen prisoner and at long last are on their way to rule Jollywood—until they've defeated again by the 7D if not for Grim sending Starchbottom to their mine.
- "Frankengloom": Trying again to send Delightful away, the Glooms created a monster from a kit that can turn violent upon hearing a whistle and then calm when it hears a bell. It backfired once Delightful became friends with the monster (now called Roar) and is now involved with music because of her.
- "Grim the Genius": Grim causes another failed attempt on seizing the castle, so he becomes smart to finally forcing Delightful out as well as winning back Hildy by transforming themselves into skunks. Hildy becomes queen, but later Grim believes he's the better ruler, so he crowns himself king. The 7D finds a way to get the castle back from the Glooms.
- "The Enchanted Shoes": The Glooms appear as cobblers new to Jollywood and had everyone wearing enchanted shoes to run them out of the kingdom. They have the queen's castle and later invited goblins over for them to rule over. Grumpy, with the help of his friend Cobby, defeated them by tricking the Glooms into wearing the shoes and calling off the spell, and by staging a goblin revolt against them.
The castle is also the backdrop for many events, mostly honoring the 7D's accomplishments.
"The Long, Long Winter"
|The 7D Locations|
|Kingdom of Jollywood|
The 7D's cottage • The 7D's jewel mine • Queen Delightful's castle • Jollywood Village (Waffle Schnitzel • Cobby's shoe shop) • Enchanted Forest • Mount Jollywood • Mount Jollymanjaro • Tick Tock Mountain) • Jollywood Bowl • Lost Acres • Pig Sty Springs • Gusty Gorge • Memory Lane • Handy Dandy Hardware Store • Tranquil Desert • Ogre Swamp • Haunted Hills (The Glooms' manor • Spookytown • Spookytown Pet Shop • Shriek Auditorium) • Do-Re-Mi Academy • Knight School • Zoinky McZoinky Pig Ride Fun Farm • The Spooky Ol' Mansion by the Sea • Seven corners • Hidey Hole Forest • Echo Canyon
Kingdom of the Clouds • Unnamed kingdom next over • Kingdom of Chi-Chi
Land of Nod