|"Sir Yipsalot and the Goose"|
| Season 1, Episode 5A*|
|Half hour production code:||105A|
|Disney XD airdate||July 11, 2014|
|Disney Channel airdate||September 17, 2014|
|Disney Junior airdate||February 13, 2015|
|Directed by||Alfred Gimeno|
|Written by||Deanna Oliver|
|Storyboards by||Joe L. Banaszkiewicz|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Welcome to the Neighborhood"
|Suceeded by →|
"Starchy Takes a Break"
It is the ninth episode in the series.
The 7D spring into action to rescue Queen Delightful's royal puppy Sir Yipsalot, when the Glooms dognap him and hold him ransom for the key to the castle.
The episode opens with Queen Delightful and Sir Yipsalot spending time together at the castle courtyard. During the opening musical number ("We Love You, Sir Yipsalot"), Sir Yipsalot is swiped from the coattails of Delightful's dress by Grim and then in his place is a goose. Grim and Hildy's plan is to kidnap Sir Yipsalot in exchange for the keys to her castle. Later, Lord Starchbottom prepares a bath for Sir Yipsalot at his special room with a bone-shaped tub. Delightful brings the goose in, not realizing it's not her dog. When she finally does, she called in the 7D, who they appeared as a marching band.
Doc explained to the Queen that the goose is not Sir Yipsalot, and she is saddened by the fact that her beloved dog is missing. The 7D then helped retrace her steps at the courtyard by remembering when she last saw Sir Yipsalot. Then, Bashful finds a note from the dognappers—Delightful must hand over the keys to the castle at an oak tree by midnight so she can have Sir Yipsalot again. At the Glooms' manor, meanwhile, Sir Yipsalot is causing a lot of damage up to the point that the Glooms no longer can stand it, even if it means waiting until midnight to achieve their goal. Sir Yipsalot wanted to leave and go back to Delightful, and when Hildy accidentally opens the door, he flees and have to navigate through the horrifying dark forest.
Back at the castle, the 7D hold a contest to see who among them would be best dressed as the Queen (Sneezy and Dopey were the winners) as part of their plan. At midnight, they meet with the hooded Glooms at the oak tree. Since Sir Yipsalot is yet to be found, Grim had to modify his favorite yet torn fuzzy slipper to pass it off as the dog. Sneezy and Dopey (disguised together as Delightful) gave them the key along with a very complicated security code that is required to enter the grounds at the gate. Everything (sort of) went as planned—until Sneezy sneezed, revealing everyone's true identities. The Glooms flee with the key, but they stopped in front of the angry Queen, Starchy and the goose. The Glooms explain that they no longer have the dog because he's been a handful, and Delightful replied that Sir Yipsalot's like that when he's in the wrong hands. But the Glooms still have the key, and they transport themselves with their magic wands to the castle to seize it.
The Queen, Starchy and the 7D resume their search for Sir Yipsalot. Delightful's comment about her being in a pickle gave her and the dwarfs an idea. She uses a pickle of the jar she's carrying to call for her dog. Just as everyone thought he still won't return, they finally hear a yipping sound from a distance. Sir Yipsalot returned to Queen Delightful and the 7D and Starchy celebrate! Back at the castle, the Glooms have a lot of difficulty entering the security code. Finally, Hildy resorts to using the key and, after the key is inserted to the lock, the gate comes down and flattened them as they stood in front of it, giving them their humiliating defeat. Later, Grim reveals that that goose can lay golden eggs and he stole it from a giant; the giant then appeared to angrily confront them. Back at the castle, the gang celebrate Sir Yipsalot's return by forming a conga line (after Delightful awarded The 7D for their efforts). The goose then unexpectedly laid a golden egg, and then gets excited and says "Ka-ching!" at the end.
- "Yodel Song" is first heard in "", but in production order, it made its debut in the second episode of the pilot episode. Disney XD originally premiered both episodes out of order (this episode is the fifth one produced).
- Grim mentions that he climbed up the beanstalk to swipe the Golden Goose from a giant. A later episode, "Bing Bong Beans", has a similar premise which The 7D climb up a beanstalk in an effort to repair the Bing-Bong Bell while the Glooms would attempt to kidnap Whoopty Doopty Schmoodily Duck—who can lay bejeweled eggs—from another giant in an area known as the Kingdom of the Clouds.
- Sir Yipsalot's trek through the dark forest is also inspired by a scene in the Disney film, when Snow White was told to flee from the Huntsman who suddenly had a change of heart after being sent out to kill her by the Evil Queen.
- When one of the 7D has to dress as Delightful to get Sir Yipsalot from the dognappers (the Glooms), the contest winners were Dopey and Sneezy as they are the same height as Delightful. This is most likely to be a reference from Disney's Snow White in the scene of the Dwarfs performing "The Silly Song" to Snow White as Dopey and Sneezy dress up as a a man by having Dopey balancing on Sneezy's shoulders, but the only difference is that Sneezy is on top of Dopey's shoulders so he can talk like Delightful to the Glooms, yet they both end the charade with Sneezy sneezing, causing them to fall.
When Queen Delightful called The 7D and jumped out of the swimming pool (right), only six of the seven of them appeared. Bashful wasn't in the sequence and appeared in the next frame after the rest of the dwarfs removed their marching band uniforms.
Hildy inserted the key into the lock to open the gate (below). The next shot showed the key's not there as the Glooms are about to be squashed.
- September 28, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Italy)
- October 5, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 11, 2014 -- (Disney XD Poland)