|"The Littlest Giants"|
| Season 1, Episode 6A*|
|Half hour production code:||101A|
|Disney XD airdate||July 14, 2014|
|Disney Channel airdate||September 20, 2014|
|Disney Junior airdate||February 20, 2015|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Written by||Tom Ruegger|
|Storyboards by||Roger Dondis / Alfred Gimeno|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"Starchy Takes a Break"
|Suceeded by →|
"The Littlest Giants" is an episode that premiered on July 14, 2014 with "Gnome Alone"on Disney XD. This episode was available to verified members of Watch Disney XD to watch before it aired. It was also produced as a pilot episode for the series (see trivia below).
It is the eleventh episode in the series.
In the kingdom of Jollywood, The 7D are making their usual rounds working inside their jewel mine below their cottage. Their activities are being observed inside the Crystal Ball by Hildy and Grimwold Gloom, an evil, married magical couple. Hildy has longed to rule Jollywood by plotting to drive its current monarch, Queen Delightful, out of her castle. They then come up with a plan to make that happen.
At Jollywood's village at nighttime, the Queen's personal assistant, Lord Starchbottom, sits down to eat inside a building sized for a dwarf. He then heard a commotion outside; he comes out and sees the villagers are running away from a vicious giant. Starchy panicked and runs towards the Queen's castle inside a barrel. When he arrives, Queen Delightful is having trouble opening a pickle jar so she can give a pickle to her dog Sir Yipsalot. Starchy tries to warn the queen that her kingdom is under attack and when he convinces her to do something, Delightful decides to call The 7D via the Bing-Bong Bell. For Starchy, it's always bad news because he's usually the unfortunate victim of The 7D's services.
The 7D answer the Queen's call by arriving on a blimp while they're having dinner. Delightful tells the dwarfs that she's having difficulty opening the jar of pickles. Dopey, wearing a pair of gloves, successfully opens the jar by giving the lid a single twist. Starchy reminds Delightful the real reason The 7D is being summoned and that is a giant is on the loose. The 7D went to the village and finds a giant footprint on the ground. They then faced the giant and they flee back to their cottage in terror. The giant is revealed to be a mechanical one, driven by Hildy and Grim.
Later, the dwarfs come up with a plan by scaring the giant with something bigger. Dopey paints a caricature of a scary Grumpy, and the dwarfs decide to go with it. The Glooms' giant arrived at Delightful's castle to achieve their goal. The humongous Grumpy balloon on Doc's blimp reveals itself out the gate and the Glooms flee. While Hildy and Grim take turns blaming each other over what went wrong, Queen Delightful holds a ceremony at the village honoring The 7D for their efforts. Pickles are being handed out to everyone and as Grumpy is about to eat one, Dopey snatches it from him and eats it, causing Grumpy to remark that he hasn't eaten anything in weeks.
- Dopey eating all of Grumpy's food, which is similar to the gag in "The Delightful Diamond Mystery" where Dopey is seen mimicking Grumpy during the epilogue.
- This is actually the pilot episode along with "Gnome Alone", though it aired as the sixth episode overall in the series. It was also animated in Flash before the change to traditional animation in later episodes. After the switch to traditional animation in subsequent episodes, all characters are animated using shading.
- This episode serves as an introduction to all main characters.
- In this episode, Sneezy at one point remarks "We're gonna need a bigger net," an almost word-for-word quote of the famous line from Jaws. The remark was heard again in the episode "Hildy the Good".
- Before the 7D take Queen Delightful's mission of opening her pickle jar and getting rid of the giant, they are excited to hear it as an important job and it's seen one of them, Bashful, whose beard covers up his face. A similar goof was occured again in "Water Ya Doin', Dopey?".
- In this screenshot below when the 7D find themselves on a large shoe print, Sneezy's shirt has seven stripes instead of six, and the bottom stripe is red instead of the usual blue.
- At the first camera shot during the ceremony, the top outline of Sneezy's scarf is missing.
- October 5, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Italy)
- October 12, 2014 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- December 12, 2015 -- (Disney XD Poland)
- TBA -- (Disney Channel Japan)