|"When Pigs Fly"|
| Season 2, Episode 1A*|
|Half hour production code:||203A|
|Disney XD airdate||January 23, 2016|
|Disney Channel airdate||January 29, 2016|
|Directed by||Charles Visser|
|Written by||Tom Ruegger|
|Storyboards by||Douglas McCarthy|
In U.S. Broadcast Order
|← Preceded by|
"The Rock of Sages"
|Suceeded by →|
It is the forty-ninth episode in the series.
Hildy casts a spell on the pigs to deplete the food supply around Jollywood.
At Zoinky McZoinky Pig Ride Fun Farm one night, a pen full of pigs suddenly became entranced and begin marching. They then arrive at another pen, which is right outside the Glooms' home. Hildy and Grim used a spell to bring them over here for their latest plan: turn them into flying pigs to devour all of Jollywood's food supply. The next day, the kingdom is having an annual food festival. During the festivities, Dopey and Grumpy is participating in a jollyberry pie eating contest. A flying pig joins in and eat more pies than the two dwarfs combined, making it the winner. A flying pig invasion is now underway , with the pigs taking all the food from many locations around Jollywood. Losing faith in Queen Delightful despite her assurances that everything will be back to normal (and that the kingdom has been attacked many times in the past), the villagers pack their belongings and move out in search of a better life.
While the 7D trace the origins of the flying pigs, Jollywood's villagers heard the news about a place called Hildegard Estates where food and a sense of happiness are guaranteed. This, as it turns out, is another evil scheme hatched by Hildy. Hildegard Estates is simply a row of outhouses on the Glooms' property, and the villagers would soon be tricked into drinking a potion which will make Grim and Hildy's minions. Meanwhile, the 7D's investigations lead them to farmer Zoinky McZoinky, which leads them to the Glooms, who still have the flying pigs.
The 7D carry out their plan by replacing the Glooms' potion with Lord Starchbottom's Brussels sprouts-baloney-banana smoothie to protect the villagers introduced earlier during the food festival—which is effective on forcing people to spit it out—and it is then passed throughout the villagers' table. At that point the Glooms—disguised as real estate salespeople—offer the villagers a toast. After they drink it, they forcefully spit it out towards the Glooms' faces, and they leave in disgust. The pigs are then freed, and on their Hurdy Gurdy Whirly Birdy, the 7D pour chocolate over the Glooms' manor, allowing the flying pigs to eat it, leaving it nothing behind but some frames, its foundation and the chimney. McZoinky got his pigs back, and he reopens his farm to everyone in Jollywood, allowing them to ride on the flying pigs. Starchbottom makes and another smoothie again, now covered with chocolates. Then a pig that Grumpy rides on have arrived and drank Starchbottom's smoothie and spits off to his face. Starchbottom also drank the smoothie made by himself and spits off. The dwarfs broke the fourth wall by saying the line "Almost anything," and the episode ends.
- Starchbottom and the Glooms get spitted on their faces each time a villager drinks the Brussels sprouts-bologna-banana smoothie. Sneezy will also offer his Knee Neck Napkin to Starchbottom and Grim after it happened.
- Before the title of the episode was announced with "Knight School", Tom Ruegger revealed that the second season premiere would premiere in mid January 2016.
- The flying pigs were designed by Bob Lizarraga.
- The Hi-Ho Hankie that first appeared in "Grim the Dragon" is mentioned again in this episode. It may also suggest that Hi-Ho Hankies is also the name of a company; the Knee Neck Napkin that Sneezy hawks in the episode is from that product's family.
- Disney Channel Asia first premiered "In Yer Dreams, Pal" and "The Great Glitterpillar" on March 12, 2016 before this and it's sister episode, which premiered March 19, 2016.
- When the 7D arrive at the Glooms' to have a peek, their noses popped up on a hill before the rest of their faces appear. This references the 1937 film when the Seven Dwarfs' noses popped up on the edge of one of their beds while they raised their heads after they woke up Snow White.
- During the pie eating contest, the counting signs used three different font styles.
- Also during the pie eating contest, at one point when Grumpy ate a pie, he also ate the plate for the pie. Thus, making him choke.
- January 23, 2016 -- (Disney XD Canada)
- March 19, 2016 -- (Disney Channel Asia)
- ↑ http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneyxd/shows/the-7d/episodes/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.thewrap.com/ozzy-sharon-osbourne-to-guest-voice-disney-xds-the-7d-exclusive-photos/
- ↑ http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-7d-season-2-starts-in-january-on.html
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/DisneysThe7D/posts/1747025682194981
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDPfvPnPR4